Part-time Employees Leave Entitlement in Malaysia
This article walk you through the part-time employees leave entitlements in Malaysia.
Part-time employee is define as an employee who works more than 30% but not exceeding 70% of the normal hours of work of a full-time employee.
Employee Act 1955 does not mentioned hospitalisation and maternity benefits for part-time employees.
Annual Leave (Compulsory under Employee Act 1955)
- Employee are entitled to annual leave of
Year in Service Minimum Entitlement 1st to 2nd 6 3rd to 4th 8 5th and above 11
- The employee shall take such leave not later than 12 months, after the end of every 12 months continuous service and any employee who fails to take such leave at the end of such period, balanced remaining will lapse.
- Where an employee who is on annual leave becomes entitled to sick leave while on such annual leave, the employee shall be granted the sick leave. The annual leave shall be deemed to have not been taken in respect of the days for which sick leave is so granted.
- If the contract of service has been terminated by either party before an employee has taken the annual leave to which he is entitled, the employer shall pay the employee his ordinary rate of pay in respect of every day of such leave. Example one day’s rate is deemed to be (1 / 26) x (monthly base salary).
Sick Leave (Compulsory under Employee Act 1955)
- Employee are entitled to sick leave of
Year in Service Minimum Entitlement 1st to 2nd 10 3rd to 4th 13 5th and above 15
Is your company still tracking leave manually? Is your HR or admin stress handling employee’s leave information and calculation? HRSifu e-leave management system can handle your company leave policies. Leave calculation is automated computed upon the submission with approval process. Test it out with FREE Trial now.